Why have Koi Fish as a pet
You may be thinking, why are koi fish an enjoyable pet to have? Well, there are many reasons why, but I am going to share five reasons why koi fish are an enjoyable pet to own.
- Koi fish are fun! How can a fish be fun? You can train them to jump and also to eat out of your hands. You know how when you go to zoos and the fish come up near the surface when you come by, well, they know they will be fed. It is neat and fun to see the fish open up their large mouths and eat and to see this amazing animal jump out of the water.
- Koi fish are beautiful! Have you ever seen those show koi fish? Well, they are spectacular animals to see. They come in a variety of designs and colors. There are spotted koi, solid color koi and koi with blotches. They can be a whitish color, or yellow, black, red, bluish gray and orange.
- Koi fish are relaxing and soothing! If you go to a place that has a really fancy koi pond, you can hear the waterfalls and that can be a very relaxing environment. Koi ponds really need to have some form of circulation to keep the oxygen flowing and generally that is done by a waterfall of some kind, whether it is extravagant or basic, the noise is pretty much the same.
- Koi fish can be competitive! For those people who are koi fanatics, they bring their koi fish to shows and specifically breed them for competition just like people do with dogs and horses. Very fancy koi fish can be incredibly expensive.
- Koi fish can help reduce your level of stress! If you are feeling stressed out,listening to the waterfalls and seeing the beautiful koi fish can help calm you down. I know that when I am stressed out, I will go out to my back yard and sit by my koi pond and just listen to the water and watch these amazing creature below the water.
As you can see, there are some very good reasons why koi fish can be an enjoyable pet. But, before you embark on a koi fish pond, make sure you understand the care and commitment that goes into taking care of these fish.