I am including the directions on how to make this card at the bottom off the post if you have questions and a link to HC's video tutorial. I hope you love this one as much as I do. Have a blessed day!
|Cincinnati Zoo Tulip Exhibit|
Tulip Time 6x6 Z Fold Card
Heartfelt Creations Tulip Time Collection Paper HCCE1-644
Georgia Pacific 110# smooth white card stock
American Crafts Blush 65# 12x12 card stock
Mint 65# card stock
Forest Green 65# card stock
Versafine Onyx Black Ink,
Memento Ink: Rhubarb Stalk, Rose bud, Rose bud, Angel pink, Dandelion, Bamboo leaves, New Sprout, and Pistachio
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Money Bags and Rich Mocha
Heartfelt Creations 3D Shaping Tulip Mold HCFB1-472
Heartfelt Creations Tulip Time Cling Stamp Stamp Set HCPC-3858
Heartfelt Creations Tulip Time Die HCD1-7218
Heartfelt Creations Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193
Heartfelt Creations Words of Encouragement Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3814
Gemini by Crafters Companion Blossoming Borders Die
Crafter’s Companion DieSire Garden Party
Bertech Foam Tape
Art Glitter Glue
Wow Fine Iridescent Glitter
Recollections Rectangle Gemstones.
Construction of the card:
1. Cut the blush card base 6inx12in. score at 3 in and 6 inches to obtain the z fold.
2 Patterned paper (all same pattern) as follows: 1 piece at: 2 3/4inx 5 3/4in,
2nd piece at 2 1/2inx 5 3/4in 3rd piece at 5 3/4in by 5 3/4inches
3. Die cute 6 pieces of the Crafter’s Companion Scallop Border die and piece together to form the right and left side border of card. Adhere and trim to correct size to the blush cards stock. It is important to glue it such that the border edge will be covered by your matting pieces in the next step. Save extra pieces for later step.
4. Adhere the appropriate pieces to mat the z fold base with pieces previously cut.
5. Cut 1 blush piece at 5 7/8in x 5 7/8 inch. Distress the edges with the side of a scissors, this causes frays, tears, and marks. Then ink those same edges lightly with Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink.
6. In the Heartfelt Creations Tulip Time Paper Pack Find the page with 4 cut out pages and cut out page with the burgundy edge and pink tulips. Please remove this and trim this image to 5 ½ in x 5 ½ in
7. Adhere the distressed page to the previously cut out and page to mat it and then adhere both to the square section of the base card.
8. Add the Crafters Companion Garden Party Die cut to Burgandy striped paper. Trim to desired height and width. Adhere with Art Glitter glue or glue of choice.
9. Cut 1 blush piece 1 7/8in x 3 3/4in. Stamp the God Has Not Given me a Spirit of Fear…. Verse onto it with versarfine ink and let it dry thoroughly as it can smudge. Then adhere the additional pieces of scalloped boarder on both sides. Apply 1/16in thick foam tape and apply to front panel centered.
I highly recommend you watch Heartfelt Creation’s youtube video but will also give you written instructions. You can find it here
1. Stamp your tulips both large and small with rhubarb stalk. I tend to fill an entire page with each size so that I have plenty for more than one project. I also fill an additional page half with large and small tulip bases inked with Bamboo leaves by Memento Ink.
2. I then ink the edges with Rose bud lightly and a little of Angel Pink. In the center I ink with Dandelion ink from Memento.
3. Die cut each of the stamped images. I then Ink the back sides with Angel ink lightly.
4. Place your tulip petal in your 3D tulip shaping mold and mist them lightly. I have found you can put up to three in each section. Run them through your die cutting machine per mfr recommendations. I then used an 8mm stylus using one swipe on each petal, down the front of each leaf, once along the head of the stem where you will attach your tulip. Be sure to poke a hole in the head of stem and in the center of each flower.
6. Insert your first flower onto the stamen and hot glue the tip of the stamen and quickly the edges of the petals to obtain the shape. This is where you have creative freedom if you like tight buds, or loose flowers (I love looser flowers and that is what is on my card). Then you repeat your next petal.
7. Add your stem and glue to flower base. Trim wire but keep some length so you can manipulate your bouquet.
8. You do the same process with the smaller tulips but be sure to use a tighter center or bud. If you want to you make just a bud, make sure you start with your stamped image facing down and pull it and scrimp it up tight. Paint lightly with Art Glitter Glue and add Iridescent glitter. I hope this make sense.
Composition of the Final Flower Bouquet:
1. Die cute 2 mint leafy accents and spray with Tattered Angels Money bags and let dry
2. Die cut 2 forest green leafy accent spray with Tattered Angles Mocha and Let dry.
3. Using 5mm stylus curled the leaves and vines for dimensions and glued with Art Glitter Glue
4. I Used Approximately 4 small tulips and 4 large tulips to make my arrangements and utilized the wire stems to give dimension. I added rectangle rhinestones for added bling.
©Joy Wilson, Joyfullystamps.blogspot.com
International Art and Soul Challenge 52
Classic Design Team Open Challenge 2
Lil' Patch Of Crafty Things
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge 2
Pile it On Challenge 151
The Corrosive Challeng Blog 2